To provide the best, high quality evidence based laboratory services, which are accessible and affordable to the population of Zimbabwe.
To timely provide the best quality laboratory services and results to clients, in order to fulfill the laboratory services role in the health delivery system.
A coordinated public health laboratory services strengthened and functioning according to the adopted standards.
General Strategic Objectives
- Establish a framework within which planning and development of an integrated laboratory service delivery system will be operational.
- Establish and implement operational standards and guidelines.
- Define and staff the laboratory services system with roles and responsibilities and manage to be functional.
- Establish a centralized management information system (MIS) for the laboratory service network for informed decision-making.
- Develop and implement a Quality Assurance and Continuous Quality Improvement Programs for laboratory services.
- Advocate for an efficient and effective procurement and maintenance system to be established and implemented.
Director Laboratory Services
Mr D. Mangwanya
+263 4 792588
Deputy Director Laboratory Services
Mr R Simbi
+263 4 798537-60