Hospital Planning and Project Management Department
The department of Hospital Planning and Projects Management is basically the core centre of the Ministry of Health and child care Zimbabwe in terms of providing space accommodation for health care services. Its main mandate is to coordinate the maintenance and construction of health infrastructure facilities. It also works with Ministry of Finance for resources mobilisation, Ministry of Public Works for technical support and donor/ partners for funding and technical support.
To provide state of theart and easily accessible health infrastructure to all citizens in Zimbabwe
The Hospital Planning and Projects Management Department is there to provide the nation with comprehensive, quality and accessible Health Infrastructure to the nation.
- To rehabilitate and maintain health infrastructure
- To prepare and defend capital development plans
- To co-ordinate the construction and upgrading of health facilities in Zimbabwe
HEALTH FACILITIES LEVELS OF CARE
- Quaternary level 6 XCentral Hospitals
- Tertiary level 7 X Provincial Hospitals
- Secondary 64 X Districts hospitals
- Primary level Rural Hospitals/ Rural Health Centres/clinics
LEGISLATIONS, POLICES AND GUIDELINES
- Constitution of Zimbabwe
- Public Health Act
- Health Service Act
- Quality Assurance Regulation Act
- Construction Industry Act
- WHO. Standards on Health infrastructure
- Joint Ventures Act
- National Health Strategy 2016-2020
- Upgrading of the Radiotherapy Centres (RTC) at Parirenyatwa Groups of Hospitals and Mpilo Central Hospital.
- Construction of the Expanded Programme for Immunisation (EPI) Vaccine stores.
- Construction of Mahusekwa District Hospital; (Grant from the Chinese Government).
- Refurbishment and upgrading of 118 Waiting Mothers Homes (WMH) through UNFPA. With support from the European Union (EU).
- Construction of 2.5 mega litres water reservoir at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals.
- Installation of Solar Water Heating System at United Bulawayo Hospitals (KOICA support).
- Construction of Eye Units at United Bulawayo Hospitals, Marondera Hospital, and Norton Hospital (Council for the Blind support).
- Construction of new Out-patients Department (OPD) for the Psychiatric Unit at Harare Central Hospital (Medicine Sans Frontieres (MSF)).
PROJECTS UNDER PIPELINE
- Renovation and upgrading of 8 Multi-Drug Resistance TB wards (MDR), one per province (Global Fund Support.)
- Construction of a state of the art New Nat-Pharm Warehouse (Global Fund Support).
- Feasibility studies for the construction of two District Hospitals in Harare (Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development).
- Feasibility studies for construction of new Harare Central Hospital (Chinese Government).
INFRASTRUCTURE DEVELOPMENT PLANS (STRATEGIC PLAN 2016-2020)
- Two District Hospitals in Bulawayo
- New Masvingo, Bindura, Mutare and Gwanda Provincial Hospitals
- New Mbire,Esigodini, Chimaninmani, Hwedza and Mangwe District Hospitals
- United Bulawayo Hospital School of Nursing
- New 100 Rural Health Centres
- Condition Survey of Health infrastructure
The department is open to all possible funders or partners who are interested in improving health infrastructure, be it grants, Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) or Joint-Ventures.
Deputy Director Hospital Planning ( Projects Management)
Tel: 263-4-798535/60 Extension 3024