Pathology Services Directorate
Curative Services Division
The Pathology Services Directorate in the Ministry of Health and Child Care coordinates and facilitates the provision of pathology diagnostic services for clinical, preventive and medico-legal services in the public sector.
To be a Pathology Diagnostic Service of international repute by 2020
To provide quality, accessible and affordable pathology diagnostic services in a timely manner.
There are four units in the department:
- Education and training – Coordinates training programs for pathology human resource development
- Pathology Quality Assurance – Coordinates and facilitates the provision of internationally accepted standard of diagnostic services
- Forensic services – Coordinates the provision of medico-legal diagnostic services
- Molecular Pathology and Immunohistochemistry – Coordinates and facilitate the provision of molecular diagnostic services essential for targeted drug therapy
- Clinical Pathology – provides laboratory medicine diagnostic services such as bone marrows, leukemias, tumor markers, microbiology and infectious diseases
Director Pathology Services
Tel:+263 -4 798537-60
A/Deputy Director Pathology Service
Tel:+263 4 798537-60